Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Tool Trays, Work on my Joiners Chest


I started building a tool tray for my joiners chest last night. I got the grooves plowed, and the side supports nailed in place.
 

This morning I cut a dado for the separator/support. Then cut the miter dovetails, they are okay, but I'm proud of the first wholly dovetailed thing I've done yet.


Here's a shot of the empty tray, the bottom is cedar closet liner. Some grain on it is really clear and nice. and it smells good.


The underside at the midway support. I've tacked the bottom to the support and driven (with my small push screwdriver, that I just got bits for) brass screws through the sides to hold things together.


Now I just have to figure out where I'm fitting what. Only chisels on one tray; marking, measuring and other small goodies in another? Squeeze some measuring tools in the chisel tray? Chisels on top or marking tools on top? Who knows? I might just pressure fit the dividers to try it out and see if I like it the way it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment