Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

New Lathe!


As luck would have it I had some disposable income waiting for something good to come along (read: didn't get a chance to put a LV order in) I saw that woodcraft was having a sale, on lathes and chucks. Lathes are one of my favorite tools and one of the only powered tools I really enjoy using. Luck also drove my girlfriend and I to Allentown to meet a mutual friend, 8 minutes from a woodcraft store. This is called fate. Picked up the Rikon mini-lathe and the Nova chuck spent time with the friend, then drove home. This morning I rearranged my shop a bit and set up the lathe. I'm in the process of sawing out a bowl blank to try on the chuck, I haven't used a chuck or WoodWorm yet so I'm very excited.

Below is a shot of my current workspace, boxes are smothering part of the shop in front of the metal lathe but I'll sort it out soonly.

No comments:

Post a Comment