Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

New tools in progress

I was reading the Cornish Workshop post about a gunstock scraper. I'm intrigued. They seem like really handy tools, use small bits of wood and add to the tool collection. All good things right? Here is a piece of Cocobolo with some old Craftsman sawblade cut. We have a metal shear in out school shop which makes breaking down old saw blades easy as all get out. I also want to gloat (sorry) about some free cherry I got from a guy in my furniture design class. He had scrap and didn't know what to do with it (he's not a material hoard or fanatic wood guy like me) so he gave me a bunch. There's a nicely figured piece in the back about 8 inches wide and 3/4 thick 36" long the others are 5/4 and range in size about four or five board feet. I'm going to remake my marking gauge, the fit is a little sloppy, make a cutting gauge, a M&T gauge, and a panel gauge. I should be all gauged out by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment