Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Well, It Works

It's just about finished, I just have to install a face vise, add chops and dogs, and nail a tool rack on the back. I've got the rack made up I just need some big honkin' wrought nails to make it look right.


Boring the waste out for the top/leg joints. There are five 1" diameter holes drilled 2" deep for each of four tenons. My 1" bit takes 40 turns to get to a little over 2". For those of you who aren't so handy with the math, that's 800 turns of the brace for the 4 morti. Don't get me started on the dog holes.

I also did a bit of rearranging, there is loads more space in the work room now. Even more space will show itself when I build a lumber rack next weekend. The wood under the bench needs to go.


And another one cleaned of tools.

2 comments:

  1. That bench looks great... where did you come up with that design? i have to make a bench and i live in a small apartment... may
    try something similar... blog is great too... i just found it today... looking forward to more...
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's mostly Chris Schwarz's Holtzapffel bench, without the twin screw face vise, a little shorter and a little lower. I forget what issue it's in, but it's a cover project.

    ReplyDelete