Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Writing Table Progress

This post was inspired by a few things; firstly, I'm moving soon and I will need to build a workbench in the new place to be able to do much working so time is running short, secondly, I've had a fair number of machine-using posts in the last few. It's about time to hit the handtools exclusively in a few posts.

My after-work session resulted in two short aprons and the back apron, planed four square to 3/4". I got to spend some quality time with my #7 and Jack, and I'm really happy with the results. This mahogany cuts really well and had beautiful color and grain.


I do have some worries though, the boards I hope to use for the top have a bit of wind, and they are only about 13/16ths of an inch thick. I don't think I will get the 3/4" top I was shooting for. Hopefully I can wind up around 5/8" otherwise I'll have to look for different mahogany for the top, which sucks, because this stuff is NICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment