Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Coffee Table Part Three


I started today with parts that I cut a few days ago, these are the mortises for the apron. I'll get a better picture that shows how the parts fit together inside of them in the next post.


The end rail, the end of the tenon is mitered to fit against the other tenon inside the mortise.


Okay, I cheated, I'm using a DeWalt and a sweet little forstner bit to rough out the mortises, I was afraid of the screw biting through the other side. I like this method of mortising over all chiseling, it's much faster, and doubly so with a powered drill.


My lovely girlfriend, who was in the shop coppersmithing some jewelry, stopped to take this photo of my and the finished end. It's really hot here, so I'll be working less frequently than I usually try to.

No comments:

Post a Comment