Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Welcome to my shop

Hello and welcome. I'm Trevor Walsh, a senior about to graduate from the Industrial Design program of Philadelphia University; then it's on to get my graduate degree in Technical Education where I plan on inspiring young people like me in the shop. 

I bit the woodworking bug after my first pine wood derby in Boy Scouts. As I was sitting on the front steps "filing" away at my chunk of wood with the abrasive concrete my dad came home with a coping saw, my first ever tool. We still have it. I moved on to metal and build robots on a high school team involved with F.I.R.S.T. (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) founded by Dean Kamen (that guy who invented the Segway). School became about product design and after four years of it the corporate world is where I decided to never to go; I think I can do good teaching, and tinkering in my shop. 

This blog is going to be about several things, metalworking, woodworking, and a place where they meet that I'll call toolmaking. I may also have some product design in there if I decide to run with the big boys and market my tools. 

So stay tuned, I'm going to be adding my plane making adventures and other projects as my busy final semester schedule allows. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment