Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Plain old Planes

Hi all, I'm finally getting around to posting my processes up here, which has been something I've wanted to get going for a while.

Here's a shot of my grandfathers jointer plane (I recently found that he has a wooden jack as well in even better condition!)
Sitting next to the jointer is a hollow plane about a 1.5-2" radius, I think that would be a number 6 or 8 (number of 1/8ths of an inch right?) Also my recent favorite woodworking book, Making Traditional Wooden Planes by John M. Whelan, and a few 2.5" square blocks of hard maple for use in plane making, my first few will be in the Krenovian style. Now here's a shot of Jack getting some tung oil and after being trued.
All that's left is to use my new scary sharp jig to put a razor aris on that iron. Tomorrow I'll snap some pictures of the jig and post them in their own detailed section.

No comments:

Post a Comment