Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Model of the Dutch Tool Chest

It's been two months since I've posted anything. There's been a lot going on and white a few different projects in various stages. One I'm excited to post about (but not doing it now) are some picture frames made for antique prints. Others soon to come.


After working on the Lap Desk a little bit more, and cutting a small built-up moulding, I had the itch to work more, but didn't want to make any more mess to clean. I got to thinking about CAD and the Dutch Tool Cabinet that Chris Schwarz has been building and started on a model. I'm sort of over it at the moment, all of the hard points have been drawn, the tills, battens and detailing of the T&G back and hinges aren't in the model. But those are details. It has all the information you would need to start building or add your own details.

I didn't know exactly what size Chris's was, so I guessed working to some arbitrary proportions, I have a feeling at 30" long, 16" wide and 35" tall without the casters is quite a bit bigger than his original, but this would fit about all of my tools I think.

This may actually be something I want to build, I've got a really old chest now, and it's footprint is huge. I like the idea of going vertically. and adding some casters to roll it around with.

The last thing that got me really excited with this is Google Drive. Now I can upload any type of file and link directly to it, if you follow the link in the image, you won't see anything, but you should be able to download and open the SketchUp file.

No comments:

Post a Comment