Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Jelly Cabinet Progress

The girl had work today so I'm by myself. I did some prep work so that when she gets back we will be ready to chug along on a few things.


First off was flattening the glue joints and jointing one edge of the door. I love this bench by the way it's amazing compared to some of the "things" I've worked on in the past.
The back boards will have beads and champers, I filed the scratch stock and ran a test bead on a board to ensure the thing was set correctly. I still have to bust out the side rabbet to chamfer the quirk.
And we clamped the legs on to get an idea of the piece. I've been contemplating different ways of attaching the top, I think I'll glue corner blocks where the sides and legs meet and screw through those. There will be a small amount of cross grain glueing going on, but I don't think it will be an issue, only 1 1/2 inches or so at either end will be cross glued.

No comments:

Post a Comment