Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Bench On Bench

After brushing on the last coat of shellac, and getting ready to wax and assemble the blanket chest I started a very important thing, thinking about the next project of course.

After working on a real bench for a whole week, getting used to the bench on benches at PFW I really felt I needed to invest in some serious benching to progress further. While I'm still stuck with my landlord's "benches" I can at least tackle dovetailing and other workholding with this...


Okay, it's not as sexy as the bench on bench at the bottom of THIS page, I want. But it will do the job admirably. I've also started thinking of new projects, and ordered the piece of antique glass I want for the Key Cabinet, so after today I feel great. I'm also in touch with Mike Wenzloff about trouble-shooting my assembly of the backsaw kits I bought a while back. I really need a this fine dovetail saw and cross cut backsaw for some of the work I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment