Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kitchen Table Progress, Finally

 I may have titled this post, Thank God for Motivation, or Visit PFW and You'll Get Things Done, but they aren't as immediately descriptive. Today started by finishing my "work season" in the morning, I took a walk to the Philadelphia Furniture Workshop to say hello and drop off some custom machined centering points. While I was there Mario Rodriguez asked how my table turned out, if you recall months ago I went over for some direction on pleasing leg shapes and turning. I hadn't done very much, and his comments spurred me into action. I put in a ton of hours in the last two days and now it's starting to look like something.   
Drawboring a Short Side
Mockup, little more legroom needed so off to cut corbels into the long sides and start finishing.
Currently it's got a coat of primer on the base and a 50/50 BLO/Turpentine prime on the top. The final coat of paint will be a dark slate, the top will get another wash of the 50/50 then one or two coats of BLO.

No comments:

Post a Comment