Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Six Planes

Three pairs of planes to be exact. #2, #4 and #8 Hollow and rounds, in beech. I'm rounding out a short set of H&Rs 2-12 evens. I have a nice pair of #6s and #12s and a few odd larger sizes, I have some cherry blanks for #10s but I'm on the fence about those.

Here they all are... after making a template for sawing the throats, I couldn't wait to start. I sawed the 8R and made two wedges then migrated back to my other super secret project. The #4s are from the same blank and have gorgeous ray fleck. I have to make a few more floats and finish my 1/10th chisel before I get too much farther on these.

This air dried beech is fantastic. I love how it works.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I had better luck finding air-dried anything here - let alone nice beech like this. Kudos on some nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was actually from a guy named Joshua, up in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete