Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Picnic Table for Father's Day

I borrowed some of Schwarz's work from the Autumn 2006 issue of Woodworking Magazine, to build a picnic table version of the American Trestle Table, the cover article. It's made out of mostly clear D. Fir salvaged from the borg's rack of 2x12s. The leg pieces are the wrong size, so I have to use some left overs, to mill more parts, that's been holding me up.






I've gotten a bit farther than the photo's suggest, I've cut the two dadoes that magically turn into a mortise when glued face to face, and glued the feet and top braces together. I still have the longer legs to cut and glue, the joinery for the top braces and stretcher, then I can assemble.  There will be benches too, modeled after 17th century "forms", a hard-to-google bench build by jointers of early American furniture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment