Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

A trip to Buffalo...means more tools.

So there seems to be something magical about Buffalo, NY. I'm sure it's some combination of the blistery weather, enjoyable company, and holiday cheer that has me heading home with a bunch of new goodies.

I'll talk about them in turn as they come up in the next few posts, but what I'm really excited to share is the Sorby Micro Spindle Set. It was on sale at Rockler, and I had gift money to burn. I wanted something for doing small work, as fortune would have it I'd also fall into pen turning in the store and I think it will really show it's colors there. I also grabbed the micro hollowing tool in addition to the spindle set. Here's a picture,


Also in the picture is one of several pen kits I picked up, eagle eyes will notice the pen kit is from Woodcraft, while I mention Rockler earlier. I stopped at Woodcraft on the way home, they had Euro pen kits on sale, and I don't discriminate.

I've written a full review, with a video over at Sawmill Creek if you care to look at that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a lathe worker but I sure do appreciate those that do and especially small work like pens. Can't wait to see what the money bought.
    rjb

    ReplyDelete